Review: Maybelline FIT ME! Matte + Poreless Foundation


I went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond one day without really setting my eyes on anything in particular, but I came across this new release by Maybelline, and the words "matte" and "poreless" instantly got me excited. Could it finally be my holy grail drugstore foundation? Find out by reading the rest of this review!

I'm certainly nowhere near finishing my current favorite high-end foundation (Mac Pro Longwear), but I was in need of a holy grail drugstore option because I just don't see myself continuously repurchasing a $30 foundation. As you've seen in my previous reviews, the major thing I look for is a matte finish because I have extremely oily skin, so this new product definitely got me hopeful since I was already a fan of the original version's color selection (not its dewy formula though because I'm an oil slick). 

Claims
"Fit Me!® Matte + Poreless from Maybelline New York goes beyond skin tone matching to fit the unique texture issues of normal to oily skin for the ultimate natural skin fit. 
While some foundations can exaggerate pores and oily skin, only our pore-minimizing foundation contains our genius blurring micro-powders that erase pores and absorb oil for a naturally matte and poreless-looking finish."

Packaging


My only complaint about this new product is how they kept the original packaging. It's exactly the same other than the labels "Matte + Poreless" and "normal to oily." But seriously though, nobody likes foundations in glass bottles especially when there's no pump, so I don't know why drugstore brands keep making them. They're heavy, easily breakable, and inconvenient for application. It's also the only thing that most people hate about the ever so famous Revlon Colorstay foundation. Anyway, now that I've ranted about how much packaging matters to me, let's get to the good stuff!

Color Payoff
Like with any face product that I own from Maybelline, I'm in the shade 220 Natural Beige, which might be a shade darker than my current skin tone. It's the absolute perfect match for my summer complexion, but since we have different skin tones throughout the year, this one is just a smidge darker.  It's completely fine though because it's not too noticeable and it's nothing that a lighter powder can't fix. Anyway, the collection comes with 12 versatile shades ranging from light to deep tones. The shades that end in "0" are yellow-based, and ones that end in "5" have pink undertones.

Application
Like the original FIT Me formula (which I believe is now aptly renamed Dewy + Smooth), it's extremely blendable with just about any application method. I like to apply it using my Real Techniques sponge as I do with all of my foundations because I personally think it looks best this way as it provides a more natural, airbrushed finish. 

Formula & Coverage
 The formula is incredibly smooth and creamy. It feels a lot thicker than the original one perhaps because it's a matte foundation, but the coverage is about the same and is not heavy by any means. It's a light to medium coverage, but I honestly think it can be built up to full without looking cakey. It sets a lot more quickly and immediately feels velvety smooth (not sticky like how Mac Pro Longwear tends to feel before it sets). 
Anyway, it was a good day to try out this new foundation because my skin clearly needed some covering up. As you can see in the before & after photos above, my blemishes were practically erased with just one layer, yet my skin still looks very natural. It concealed all the redness around my nose as well. What I love about this foundation is that although it has quite a thick formula, it doesn't feel like you're wearing any at all and you can still see your skin despite its impressive concealing properties.
Before & After
Here's an initial shot of my gross massive pores on the left, and the aftermath of applying one light layer of foundation on the right. As you can see, it minimized and blurred the appearance of my pores quite impressively, and this is with just one layer using a sponge! It didn't sink in or emphasize them at all, so I definitely give Maybelline a thumbs up for the "poreless" claim.

Finish
As stated, it's a matte finish that's meant for normal to oily skin. It's no Revlon Colorstay when it comes to how matte it really is, but it's certainly nowhere near dewy. It's more of a natural, satin kind of matte which is actually more of what I prefer. 

Now onto the flash photography test:

I don't know about you, but I absolutely love how this foundation photographs! There's no unflattering white cast and my skin looks smooth as a canvas. This is definitely something I'd wear to special events and photo shoots.

Longevity
5 hours later
I'm extremely picky with foundations because I typically base my overall opinion on how long they last, or more specifically, how long the matte finish lasts before I turn into a greasy mess. If this didn't stay on for as long as I wanted it to, I actually wouldn't even care because I absolutely love everything else about this foundation, but I'm pleased to say that the staying power impressed me considerably. My T-zone didn't start getting shiny until the 5-hour mark, which I personally think is long enough for someone who has extremely oily skin. I'm surprised by how impressive it really is considering how much of a disaster the original formula was for me. 

Verdict
I think I've just found my holy grail everyday drugstore foundation! I certainly won't hesitate repurchasing this because it's only $6 and it does wonders for my occasionally problematic skin. I wouldn't consider it a dupe for Mac's Pro Longwear because they differ in almost every aspect, but if I were to choose between the two, I'd go with this one because it's a fraction of the cost and looks just as amazing on my skin.

Have you tried out this foundation yet and did you love it as much as I do? Let me know your thoughts!

'Til next time!
xoxo,
post signature 

CONVERSATION

13 comments:

  1. great post! i was looking for reviews because this caught my attention at the drugstore, and now i'm super tempted to try it! it looks great x

    Natalie / Salt & Sail

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Natalie you should totally try it! it's one of the best everyday foundations at the drugstore! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally just bought this today because I tested it at Walmart and liked the consistency! I started reading around reviews and I'm glad I found yours! Very insightful @v@ now I'm not so worried about putting it on my face. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i got the fit me in same shade but its in tube form . i hope its not fake :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. which shade do you use in mac prolong wear foundation. bec im in 220 maybelline matt and poreless and want to try mac pro long wear foundation

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. which shade do you use in mac prolong wear foundation. bec im in 220 maybelline matt and poreless and want to try mac pro long wear foundation.

    ReplyDelete

  8. I've tried so many "long wearing" lipsticks that are total disappointments, but this is pretty astounding in it's longevity and coverage. MANY times better than the most expensive brands of long-wearing lipstick, including MAC, Urban Decay, NARS, Laura Mercier, etc.. It IS drying though, which is the nature of matte, long lasting lipstick, so I put lipbalm on top of it, and it's perfect
    https://linhcorner.com/product-category/beauty-health/lipstick/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Renewing your house is not easy. I have a very helpful suggestion for you, or go to this website, you will easily find a way to redecorate your house. I tried and succeeded!
    https://nordicwallcanvas.com/?fbclid=IwAR0IWC…#

    ReplyDelete
  10. Got this due to the awesome reviews and I’ve not been disappointed! Great delivery time to Australia . Love it!! I bought it from here:
    https://nordicwallcanvas.com/product-category/beauty-health/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a good store for skin care
    https://nanacorner.com/product-category/beauty-health/skin-care-tools/

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you are somebody who prefers a full coverage foundation that lasts all day, the Maybelline Superstay Full Coverage Foundation is the right match for you. The saturated colour pigments in the liquid matte foundation deliver 24-hour wear for a concentrated coverage that does not fade or shift all day. Use the Maybelline SuperStay Foundation for a high-impact makeup base that provides an ultra-transforming effect.
    Maybelline fit me foundation

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for sharing such informative blog i have large pores and using maybelline fit me foundation original milani foundation price in pakistan
    Buy best primer for oily skin online in Pakistan
    branded matte nail polish price in pakistan to deal with open pores i used some primer too before it so i can have minimize pore appearnce

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top